Getting Started: How do I Create my Course?
Congratulations on making the decision to create an online course! We’re so glad you’re here. Now let’s get started.
What is a Course on our platform?
Courses on Communicate For Life give students the opportunity to learn actionable skills that will help them in their professional management journey. The most engaging courses use a combination of different teaching styles and formats and incorporate real-world examples, quizzes, and projects. These courses incorporate the instructor’s personality, the skills taught, and the structure of the curriculum itself.
What Makes up a Course on our platform?
This is what the Review Team uses to evaluate your course after you publish. You’ll need to hit all of the “Required” elements to be approved on the marketplace, as well as the “Recommended” items below. They are key to making a good course great.
A complete course has:
- At least 30 minutes of video content
- At least 500 words per lecture
- At least 5 separate lectures
- Valuable educational content (Learn more) HD video quality (720p or 1080p)
- Audio that comes out of both channels and is synced to video Audio quality that is not distracting to students
Use this excel spreadsheet to track your build progress
A complete course landing page has:
- A high-quality course image in line with Udemy image standards (min. 2048×1152 pixels)
- A well-written course title and subtitle that includes relevant keywords
- A brief, honest, well-written course description Clear course goals, target audience, and requirements that are easy and understand
- A credible and complete instructor bio and profile picture.
See this example of a course landing page and preview some lectures
What are the benefits of publishing a course on our platform?
As an instructor, you receive the following benefits:
- Free hosting for your course content
- Sales revenue paid directly into your account
- Customer support for your students
- Payment processing handled by Communicate For Life
- Optimized course landing pages
- Mobile access for your courses
- Global syndicated marketplace to promote, communicate, and connect with your students
All these benefits come with your course storefront and make it very easy to create a course and build your community of students on Communicate For Life.
Need content creation help?
We have digital strategists and content designers ready to help you create custom content for your course.
Get expert help on the following 4 items:
- Get support on content writing and copywriting for the web
- Get custom graphics created to embed in your lecture copy
- Get offsite video and podcast recording to use for your lectures
- Get YouTube video management support
Sell your books through our Online Store!
Make more money selling your books on Communicate For Life!
Sell your books with these 3 steps:
- Put your books for sale in our “Shop for Books” store
- Submit blogs to promote your thought leadership & drive book/course sales
- Create custom coupons to sell your books