Mindful Management – Creating Commitment Through Mindful Talk
This online course covers the key points of Dalton Kehoe’s successful book, “Mindful Management: The Neuroscience of Trust and Effective Workplace Leadership.” It clarifies the powerful approach to leadership communication – Mindful Talk – that he presents in it.
Mindful talk allows managers to:
- Lead their employees more effectively every day;
- Keep them connected and engaged when dealing with difficult problems at work.
The difference between this and other managerial leadership courses is that you learn about how our mind works so that you understand the power behind your words, particularly their power to build trust with your staff and thus free up their emotional energies so they can become deeply engaged in their work.
The course is built around 12 video presentations that cover the main course concepts. Each is followed by a short presentation that gives you a simple exercise to help you anchor the concepts that have just been presented.
On successful completion, you will receive a Communicate for Life certificate. Showcase it on your resume and LinkedIn profile to demonstrate your achievement and attract the attention of recruiters.
Best viewed on:
Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level Managers
- Language English
- Students 11
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Introduction to Mindful Management
- Measuring Employee Trust and Engagement
- Measuring Your Employees Engagement: An Exercise
- Our Two Minds
- Mindfulness – Getting Here To Get Better
- Thought and Emotion: Our Two Minds At work
- How Our Two Minds Create Our Reality
- A Simple Way To Engage Your Staff In Their Work
- Modernizing the Role of the Manager
- Connecting To Motivate: An Exercise
- Getting Beyond the “Control” Organization
- In Our minds: Connection Is Deeper Than Control
- When Control Talk Takes Over and Threatens Connection
- The Protective Elephant: Positional Control Talk
- A Moment of Reflection
- C.ON.T.R.O.L. Talk – Now It’s Personal
- Slowing Down, Finding the Present
- Moving from Angry Judgment to Appreciation
- The Appreciative Approach to Problem Solving
- In Emotionally Difficult Moments, Calm Yourself Before You Speak
- Making Dialogue Work
- The Mindful Manager Listens
- Making Dialogue Work From The Inside Out
- Dialogue Talk, Leadership and Trust
Great concepts I will be using and practising. Finding myself logging in over and over to refer to content in certain situations. Looking forward to more courses.